Last updated 9/19/2013
Ward Scott Files 9/18/2013
Two general complaints include:
1) Excessive noise from the GRU/GREC Biomass incinerator
Testimony from Turkey Creek residents complain that incinerator noise interrupts sleep.
2) Visible ash residue from the GRU/GREC incinerator that is assumed to be toxic pending lab analysis.
Anectdotal complaints suggest possibly toxic incinerator ash emissions collect on motor vehicle windshields.
Identified residential communities south of incinerator:
- Turkey Creek – Alachua
- Progress Mobile Home Park – 6101 NW 120th Ln, Gainesville, FL 32653 (386) 462-1660
- Staghorm – Alachua
- Brooke Pointe – Alachua
- Turkey Creek Forest – Gainesville
Identified non-residential entities impacted by incinerator pollution
- Craig T. Roberts DVM – 10720 NW 53 Ter. Gainesville Fl Contact
- Barracuda Boat & RV Storage 6401 NW 120th lane, Gainesville, FL 32615 (386) 462-2790
- Mc David Roofing Inc 12591 US Highway 441 Alachua, FL 32615, United States (352) 376-3419 http://www.mcdavidroofing.com/
- City of Alachua Public Works – 5620 NW 120 Lane Gainesville, Fl 3253 386-462-2147 more info
- Griffis Lumber & Saw Mill 9333 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32653 (352) 372-9965 griffislumber.com
- UF Dairy Research Unit – 850 Acres and 800 female Holsteins 13200 NW 59th Drive Gainesville, FL, 32653 – (386) 462-1016The unit comprises 850 acres for research in all phases of dairy production. The herd consists of about 800 grade and registered Holstein females (500 milking cows)
How citizens can register complaints.
- Submit Fugitive Dust complaint form (PDF)
- Phone Noise complaints to Gainesville Police (GPD) who have jusisdiction over noise complaints – 352-955-1818 – If noise persistes after 10 PM local time call GPD.
- HAZMAT – Gus Olmos at Alachua County EPA is cooperating with Turkey Creek and other complainants – Phone # 352-264-6806 . firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Representative Clovis Watson, Jr – Dist 20, Florida
- Contact Rep., Ted Yoho – Dist 3
- Ward Scott Files radio show (980/720 AM) 7-9 AM Mon thru Friday
- Ward Scott Files on Facebook
- Gainesville City Commission meeting (GRU Board of directors) – Citizens comment and appointment with commissioners
- Alachua City Commission – Citizens Comment and appointment with commissioners
- Alachua County BoCC – Citizens comment and appointment with commissioners
- STOP POLLUTING ALACHUA COUNTY facebook